Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2016

Welcome to My Latest Adventure: Bible Journaling

I had seen a couple of my Facebook friends post their beautiful doodles and paintings in their Bibles, "Bible Journaling" seemed to be popping up in my Facebook newsfeed more and more, so when my mommy asked me what I wanted for my birthday, without hesitation, I asked for a journaling Bible!  It's basically a Bible with margins for note-taking, doodling, and whatever form of worship you feel led to do!
 I asked for this one, and let me tell you, it is BEAUTIFUL!!!


It has been an amazing expression of the creativeness I honestly believe God placed in me.  It is a true form of worship, and I have never been so excited to get into God's word!  It is also therapeutic and relaxing, which I really think is one of the things God intended the Bible to be for.  It has also helped me "meditate" on the word, as I am repeating the verse(s) over and over again as I'm rewriting them.
So, I just wanted to share a few of my ventures so far.

My first attempt

Be still.

My favorite story in the Bible.

Love the feathers.

BUT IF NOT

Polka dots.

All I need is a little bit of coffee, and a whole lot of Jesus.

IF

I really like this one.  This was a particularly blissful Saturday morning.

Valentine's Day

This is my favorite.  First attempt at watercolor paints.

Can you tell what was on my mind...???

My verse for this year.

Some of them are original ideas, some are my own adaptations of things I've seen, and a couple are straight up copies.

Let me know what you think, later on I may even do a tutorial.  Right now I'm still figuring things out, but I hope you enjoy the ride!


5 comments:

  1. Amazing talent, beautiful gift. I love your work.....wish I knew how.❤️👏🏾

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty, but I have a question. Are you still able to read everything on the page you draw/color on? I have started drawing on the side but don't want any of the words to be unreadable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you! :) Yes, I make sure to use very watered down paint when I paint over the words, as I really don't want to make the Bible "unusable" for it's original purpose. :)

      Delete